Sunday, July 5, 2009

A cold & windy winter eve

Another weekend has gone by.... R and I went to Capitol last night and had a wee planning session, and laughed a lot which was nice. Turtle & Mu spent most of the weekend drawing, and we all ate way too many pancakes this morning! R left this evening for Portland and Europe. The 27th is a long way away and we all miss him already. On a brighter note on Saturday I popped into Small Acorns and gazed longingly at the lovely ceramics from Mud Australia.

And discovered the most gorgeous stationery from Poppies for GraceI may just have to go back and purchase some.
I think this week I'll have to start sorting out a few cupboards, I made a start on my email folders tonight and came across this great Robert Frost poem...

Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening
Whose woods these are I think I know.

His house is in the village though;

He will not see me stopping here

To watch his woods fill up with snow.

My little horse must think it queer

To stop without a farmhouse near

Between the woods and frozen lake

The darkest evening of the year.

He gives his harness bells a shake

To ask if there is some mistake.

The only other sound's the sweep

Of easy wind and downy flake.

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep,

And miles to go before I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails